What Cindi Believes
I believe the Holy Scriptures of both the Old and New Testaments to be the complete and inspired Word of God, the sole authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and God-breathed.
I believe in the one Triune God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; Each being co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory and having the same attributes and perfection.
I believe in the person and work of Jesus Christ, in that:
- the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men.
- The Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the cross by shedding His blood as a representative, substitutionary sacrifice; and, that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead.
- The Lord Jesus Christ ascended into heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor and Advocate.
I believe in the person and work of the Holy Spirit, in that:
- the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment; that He is the supernatural agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ at the moment of salvation, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption.
- The Holy Spirit is the divine Teacher who guides believers into all truth; and that it is the privilege and duty of all believers to be filled with (controlled by, yielded to) the Holy Spirit.
I believe in the total depravity of man in that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam's sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature and became alienated from God. Because of his depravity, mankind is utterly unable to remedy his lost condition on his own.
I believe that salvation is solely the gift of God brought to man by grace and received through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins.
I believe in the eternal security and assurance of the believer.