7 Things I Never Should Have Worried About
I wish I’d had that mindset when I was younger. How many days have I wasted, how many stomach aches could I have spared, how much less stress I could have had if I’d remembered that the One who controls all things has my back and has my situation under perfect control.
Let me take this time to remind you — and encourage you — of the things you, too, never need to worry about if you are trusting in the One who can do all things:
1. If you know personally the Great Physician, you never need to worry that you suffer with a condition that no doctor understands or can treat. Nothing takes Him by surprise. No condition is outside of His league.
2. If you know the One who owns the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalm 50:10), you never need to worry about where your next meal will come from.
3. If you, like David in Psalm 101, “walk within (your) house in the integrity of (your) heart, and set no worthless thing before (your) eyes” (Psalm 101:2-3), you never have to worry about your reputation. God’s got your back.
4. If you are investing in eternal things, you never have to worry that you will be robbed, ripped off, or wiped out financially (Matthew 6:20). He takes great care of what you give to Him.
6. If you walk uprightly, you never need to worry that God will withhold something truly good from you (Psalm 84:11). (If you are walking uprightly now and it still seems like God is withholding, it either isn’t truly good for you, or it isn’t time.)
7. If you “commit your works to Him” (Proverbs 16:3), you don’t need to worry that you’ll be short-changed, cheated, or destined for failure. God’s Word promises that God can work even the bad things for good in our lives. So there’s absolutely no way you can fail or lose when you put Him first.
What do you worry about that is not included in this list? Let me know in the comment section below and I’ll make sure next week’s list of “7 More Things We Never Have to Worry About” includes YOUR burden, too, and the reason — from Scripture — that you and I don’t need to stress about it any longer.